|Star Wars Fanonpedia|
In spite of the three-year existence only, Star Wars Fanonpedia has amassed 2259 articles in its resources, which makes it one of the ten largest wikis of the creative category and the first fifty largest wikis of the Polish Fandom.
Over the history, Star Wars Fanonpedia has been edited by 145 users, 61 of which decided have to join the fanonpedists to invent their own fiction related to Star Wars.
Star Wars Fanonpedia keeps open to creativity of any kind. The tolerated and supported articles either expand the universe in a serious or a humorous ways, which does not change the fact that any content which breaks the netiquette will be canceled.
The administrators take care of the wiki's and the community's goodness. They are composed of chat moderators, thread moderators, content moderators, and administrators, the bureaucrat permission is granted to one amongst which.
List of administrators:
- Mustafar29 – the bureaucrat since 2017
- Cashao – a thread moderator since 2019
- Michael2310 – a thread moderator since 2019
Customs and traditionsEdit
The current logo was projected by the user DarknessEyes23 and released official on September 29, 2017, and confirmed by the community a day later.
The Featured Article has been present in Star Wars Fanonpedia's history from the very beginning of the wiki's existence, and its first election was completed less than a month after the foundation.
The status of the Featured Article is the highest way to feature a user's invention amongst others. Traditionally, it is then visible on the main page for one month or two, when an activity condition requires such a solution.
Since December 2016, the Featured Article had been on hold due to a low activity from the community. It was eventually brought back in July 2017, in which three articles were featured on the main page rather than one.
- Star Wars Fanonpedia is a gwfanon-subdomained wiki which operates on Fandom, the logo of which is its verion of September 29, 2017.
- The community of Star Wars Fanonpedia is composed of the fanonpedists, who are considered to be all users who have minimally one main-namespaced article in their category, who have created a game, or who have shared a short story. The fanonpedists are permitted to get involved in Star Wars Fanonpedia, it is they on whom the wiki's most important issues should depend.
- The head of the administrators is the bureaucrat, who is granted the administrator permission as well. A removal of the bureaucrat in office should be approved of by the community, and the right to vote should be granted to every fanonpedist who had a contribution in the wiki within 30 days prior to the creation of the appropriate thread in Discussions. A proposal should be constructive, it should therefore suggest a candidate for the new bureaucrat. If the bureaucrat resigns from the permission themselves, the voting is carried out by starting an appropriate post in Discussions, where the permission to vote should be granted to all users who had a contribution in the wiki within 30 days prior to the post's creation, or a request for adoption is issued.
- The administrator permissions are given to fanonpedists with a wide experience and the community's support. A request for giving or taking the administrator permissions can be issued by any one of fanonpedists by creating an appropriate thread in Discussions, where the permission to vote should be granted to all of unblocked fanonpedists who had a contribution in the wiki within 30 days prior to its creation. The bureaucrat, having consulted to other active administrators, has the right to reject giving the permissions to a user elected in this way if a lack of enough experience is concluded.
- The bureaucrat grants the permissions of the content moderators to fanonpedists who are nominated by the administrators and takes them without having to discuss it with the community. The bureaucrat grants the permissions of the thread moderator to fanonpedists with a broad experience and the community's support. The request for giving or taking the permissions of the thread moderator can be issued by every fanonpedists by starting an appropriate post in Discussions, where the right to vote should be given to all of unblocked fanonpedists who had a contribution in the within 30 days prior to its creation.
- The bureaucrat grants the permissions of the chat moderator to fanonpedists or active users of the Discord server with a broad experience and the community's support. A request for giving or taking the permissions of the chat moderator can be issued by every fanonpedist or active Discord-server user by starting an appropriate post in Discussions, where the right to vote should be granted to all of unblocked fanonpedists who had a contribution in the wiki within 30 days prior to its creation.
- Bureaucrats, administrators, and content, threads, and chat moderators are not subject to the ban penalty, but they can likely lose their rights.
- The community of Star Wars Fanonpedia possesses the official Discord Server (ID: 323557016159125515), which is the official method of fanonpedists' communication. Administrators present on the Discord server are obligated to save the seriousness of the performed functions, and their negative behavior can have an impact of their future career in the wiki. Apart from the Discord server, Star Wars Fanonpedia possesses a forum in the shape of Discussions.
- As a fan initiative, Star Wars Fanonpedia is open to starting cooperations with other websites which are referring to Star Wars directly or indirectly and with other wikis. A commercial of websites not considered Star Wars Fanonpedia's official friends requires the agreement of administrators, as it can be considered spam.
- The content of articles shared in Star Wars Fanonpedia is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0. Although it predicts a possibility to modify the shared content, in Star Wars Fanonpedia, we try to avoid situations in which someone interfered in a content of someone else's invention. Star Wars Fanonpedia thus considers its users authorship by marking their nicknames in articles which they share, but the later removal of their invention only depends of the administrators' good will.
- Star Wars Fanonpedia tolerates either serious or humorous invention. However, it is forbidden to share contents aimed against other persons. It is also forbidden to use offensive vocabulary, and the block is predicted for spam, trolling, vandalism, and other signs of a harmful behavior to the website. The block imposed by the administrators refers to a user rather than an account, this a usage of multi accounts is forbidden. Articles violating the rules referred to above can be deleted by administrators and moderators. In Star Wars Fanonpedia, Fandom's inside rules are also respected.
- The purpose of Star Wars Fanonpedia is not only being a place to create your own in-universe items, but also sharing your own literary stories. These should be namespaced in "Opowiadanie".
- The method for featuring the most developed and the most interesting articles is the election of the Featured Article, which should be selected by the community once a month if possible. As the Featured Article is intended for being on the Main Page, it must honor all wiki standards, including those received historically.
- These rules refer to all users of Star Wars Fanonpedia, and any change within should come out after a discussion with the community through starting a thread in Discussions. The right to vote should be granted to all fanonpedists who had a contribution in the wiki within 30 days prior to the post's creation.
What is Star Wars Fanonpedia?
- Star Wars Fanonpedia is a wiki, which is a kind of website co-created by anyone who chooses to edit. It operates on the MediaWiki system, as Wikipedia, Wookieepedia, and Biblioteka Ossus do.
Why is Star Wars Fanonpedia hosted on Fandom?
- Fandom, once known as Wikia, is a free website gathering fans of the entertainment, and not only. It offers you a technical support and provides a higher position in searchers to your wikis. As a website created by fans, Star Wars Fanonpedia—as well as Wookieepedia, but unlike Wikipedia and Biblioteka Ossus—uses Fandom's servers.
Who can Star Wars Fanonpedia be edited by?
- Anyone. The purpose of Star Wars Fanonpedia is to gather all creative fans of Star Wars to create their own stories taking place in the galaxy far, far away. However, creating an account is recommended, so your all editions, invention, and ranks can be pinned to the same person.
What is the best to start with?
- This all depends on what you want to start with. In Star Wars Fanonpedia, you can create articles about the world in-universe (such as characters, locations, or droids), but you might as well share your own short story. You can also engage in a discussion or start a new topic.
Will my retire invention be passed?
- Star Wars Fanonpedia accepts both serious invention and that which treats Star Wars humorously, but articles with the aim of offending someone, insulting them, or harming them will be removed immediately. What is also important is to follow the netiquette.
What establishes Star Wars Fanonpedia's own rules?
- In July, 2018, on the wiki's third birthday, Star Wars Fanonpedia's community established the so-called Community Policy, not only the users' will but also the tradition had the final impact on which.
Who looks after the order in Star Wars Fanonpedia?
- As most wikis on Fandom and on those out of it, Star Wars Fanonpedia has administrators and moderators with the bureaucrat as the head. None of the groups above, however, is the owner of Star Wars Fanonpedia, because the wiki belongs to the community of fanonpedists.
Whom are these fanonpedists?
- Fanonpedists grow the community of Star Wars Fanonpedia, and anyone who has created at least one article is considered to be the part of it. The community votes in the most meaningful issues.
Where can I talk to fanonpedists? Star Wars Fanonpedia is grown by the community of Fanonpedists, which means that the wiki gives you a way to communicate to them. If you want to talk to others, the best place for that will be Discussions or the Discord server.
- ↑ Updated on May 8, 2019