A good article on Star Wars Fanon is an article that adheres to a higher standard of quality than most articles, but is not yet a featured article, which represents the absolute best of Star Wars Fanon. The good articles of this wiki represent those that are within a stone's throw of becoming a featured article.
Out of 60,249 articles on this wiki, fewer than 131 are currently good articles and many of them have gone on to become featured articles. These good articles represent some of the best articles the Star Wars Fanon community has to offer.
In order for an article on Star Wars Fanon to reach good article status, it has to abide to a series of rules.
An article must…
- … be identified with proper era icons.
- … be well written, comprehensive and detailed; however, not to the extent of the requirement for a featured article.
- To be well written, the article must have a prose that is engaging and of a professional standard.
- To be detailed, an article must be written in an encyclopedic format with no point of view in the detail, though that detail is not excess nor irrelevant; instead, the detail must also contact all relevant major facts and plot points.
- The article must acknowledge and explore all aspects of the subject and cover every encyclopedic angle.
- The article does not need to have a finished storyline.
- The article must be clear, using a logical structure written in plain language.
- The article must follow standard writing conventions of modern English (ie, correct grammar, punctuation and spelling).
- All grammar and spelling must be one hundred percent accurate.
- … have an introduction of at least one-hundred (100) words that summarizes the entire topic and prepares the reader for the greater detail in the following sections.
- … follow the Manual of Style, Layout Guide, categorization policy, as well as all other policies.
- … contain enough images where appropriate, but the page is not cluttered or overstocked.
- … ensure that all images in said article follow the standards of sourcing in the image policy.
- … not be tagged with improvement tags at the time of nomination.
- … have absolutely no red links, as they must be filled with at least stubs or not be linked to at all.
- … have no links in section titles.
- … have a brief "Personality and traits" section that generalizes the character's said personality, if the article is about a character.
- … be stable, meaning that it is not the subject of any edit wars and that the content does not change significantly from day to day, reversions of vandalism and improvements based on suggestions not applying.