When the time grows dark, hope must shine brighter.
Revenge of the Sith (AU) is the third and final novel in the Jedi Padmé Trilogy. It is a re-imagining of the film of the same name and shows the last days of the Clone Wars. It takes place 17 BBY, two years after the war canonically ended.
After five years the Clone Wars are starting to come to some sort of conclusion following the capture of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine by the leader of the Separatist droid army, General Grievous. Yet even with the war growing in favour of the Republic, the Sith emerge from within to exact their devastating revenge...
Table of contentsEdit
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Behind the scenesEdit
- A lot of what occurs in Revenge of the Sith (AU) stems from from what Katana Geldar hoped to see in the film but did not. Scenes such as Mace Windu's fight against Dooku and Renust Nju fighting with two lightsabers.
- The scene between Padmé, Anakin and Palpatine is based on Luke Skywalker's confrontation with the Emperor and Darth Vader on the second Death Star in Return of the Jedi.
- The play Jedi! that Anakin and Padmé go and see on Coruscant was first mentioned in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous but the costumed audience, based on Star Wars fans attending a midnight screening, is Katana Geldar's creation.
- There were a few scenes that did not make it to the final story that may be included later on Katana Geldar's userpage, one of which was a conversation between Danta Pela and Padmé during the showing of Jedi! where he asks Padmé to see him later, another was where Anakin interrogates Dooku. Some scenes were reworked, like Anakin and Padmé's conversation in the garden and their confrontation with Sidious.
- Revenge of the Sith (AU) had a few different endings before the current one was set. The first was that Padmé survives and that she and Anakin would leave the Jedi Order to start a family, yet that was too improbable as Padmé would probably not leave the order. The second proposed ending was that Anakin and Padmé married with the sanction of the Council, wit Yoda presiding and Obi-Wan as anakin's best man, but it was seen as to much like stereotypical fan fiction as well as too happy for what is essentially a dark story where many people die. It was after the creation of the character Sona Cantari that the ending was settled.
- Padmé will be featured in later fics, during the Clone Wars with events such as the Conference of Avingnon and Liberation of Naboo explored. She will also be featured as a Force ghost in the Varicean Saga.
- Katana Geldar has always expressed regret that Padmé was killed at the end of the Jedi Padmé Trilogy, yet she says there was no way around it and the story has to come first.
Revenge of the Sith (AU) is a re-imagining of the film of the same name directed by George Lucas. The writer, Katana Geldar, is in no way affiliated with Lucasfilm ltd or any of it subsidiary companies.